Monday, March 25, 2013

"i want to quit the gym" - chandler bing

I've been absent from this blog for several reasons including laziness. I have several half written posts that I got too distracted to write or decided might have been a little too personal and whiney for this personal blog (if that is even possible). Anyway, I have managed to tear myself away from Angry Birds Star Wars (which I am obsessively playing to get three-stars on each level) to catch up on my blogs.

I've been spending some of my time practicing Power Yoga (or Vinyasa) at home using a DVD. As someone who is un-coordinated, un-balanced (physically and sometimes mentally) I fully enjoy my sweaty awkwardness in the privacy of my own home-- as it should be. I've been doing Vinyasa for a little over two weeks consistently and I can see and feel a difference in my body. I can actually feel (not see but feel) some muscle in areas where I normally just feel a blob of fat. I highly recommend it. I also recommend Yin Yoga which I take a class for and it's so relaxing you get to nap at the end. You lay down in the dark and it looks like you're in a cult that's about to commit mass suicide but instead you just lay there and breath for a long time, then you wake get up with yoga hair (similar to Frequently F'd Do?). Anyway, best. part. ever.

Namaste.

Hashtag: Yoga hair


p.s. wish me luck as I try to quit my gym because I don't go as consistently as I'd like to and when I lost weight I did it without a gym. I'm having anxiety about them not letting me quit. "I want to quit the gym."