Friday, August 10, 2012

but his heart drank wine: amador county wine tasting photo diary

Every now and then I put down a pint of beer and I like to tap my inner housewife and drink wine. Here are some "iPhonetography" from a quick wine tasting trip with some friends just 40 minutes east of home. Amador County around the Shenandoah Valley is one of my favorite places to wine taste because there's good wine, great scenery, friendly people and free!.





And here are some people I like to call my first and second wheel. I met Jen and Justin in college and even then before they were husband and wife, they were my first and second wheels (I their third) and we have had boat loads of spontaneous adventures.

The spoils


Other wineries we visited but not photographed were Sobon Winery, which is the oldest winery in the Amador County/Shenandoah Valley area and Drytown Cellar, which is where I go the wine on the left called Vino de Mocca. That Vino de Mocca is chocolate, orange, vanilla, coffee beans, grapes... nectar of the gods (or at least the ones who love dessert wine).

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment