Wednesday, January 2, 2013

zero for four in 2012


The benefits of blogging about your New Year’s Resolution is you have your list saved and can be publicly searched if someone were extremely bored and wanted to stalk you. I revisited my list from last year and not surprisingly, I failed every single one. In fact, I failed so bad that I did the exact opposite of what I set out to do. Let’s take a look at the “un-progress” I have made:

1.) Not spend any money on clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. (anything that is not a necessity).
The only time I abstained from spending on non-necessities in 2012 was when I was really tight on money that I couldn’t spend on non-necessities even if I wanted to.

2.) Eat healthier and lose anywhere between 5-10 lbs.
I gained anywhere between 8-10 lbs and I am pretty sure eating large quantities of potato chips is the cause.

3.) Finish my thesis so I can finally have a Master’s degree.
I am close to forgetting what my thesis is about.

4.) Be nicer to people, I guess.
I didn’t really try to be nicer, but the “I guess” indicates this was not a real resolution.

So, I was 0 for 4 in 2012, but despite my failures, I am grateful for another year filled with laughs, love and adventures.  I would talk about all of the wonderful things from 2012 but to be honest when I tap into my memory, I can’t seem to distinguish if a particular event is from this year or the year before or the year before that. I am terrible at placing memory to date.

So in 2013, I would like to redeem myself by actually fulfilling 2012’s goals and also to acquire a new skill, save money and vacation to a place I have never been before and to be more awesome. 

Cheers to another year b*tches.



1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck on these resolutions. I'll check in with you tomorrow to see how many you have broken.

    ReplyDelete