Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 4: The Commute

This is a photo of I-5 somewhere between Sacramento and Stockton. For the past two years, about once or twice a week, I make this 40-50 minute drive to school and back. The drive feels faster as each semester plows along, and feels much longer whenever I come back from a break.


I have come to really appreciate this drive. The drive is not scenic, unless you enjoy looking at cows and manure. The drive is very easy, but it's not easiness that I appreciate, it's the time I spend alone in the car -- just me, my thoughts and the iPod. I particularly enjoy the drive home because less cars are on the road and I can decompress. I have done some major thinking and self-reflecting during this drive. Somedays I spend the entire drive singing along unabashedly to the fist pumping tunes of Bon Jovi. Most of the time the "pod" is on random.

The downside to commuting, besides the time, mileage on the car, the gas, harming the environment, etc, is when you have to use the ladies room and you are no where near an exit that leads to a place with some decent lighting (if you are driving alone at night).

Another downfall to commuting is fast food. Let's just say being on the road is not conducive to my goal of finding some rich man who will marry me for my good looks.

4 comments:

  1. P.S. I started writing this post around 11:30 and for some reason took me an hour to write it. So, technically this still counts as a Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you can get a ticket for taking pictures while driving? You should ask Molly. I think she's gotten a ticket for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where the heck do you go to school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to university of the pacific. It's a private school. I actually need to take a photo of the campus. It's beautiful. It's like an east coast school with all the brick.

    ReplyDelete