Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 5: Hide-a-Bottle

It's only Day 5 of this photo project and I am already starting to falter. I am having difficulty finding interesting things to photograph. I was very close to posting a photo of a hole in my favorite denim jacket.

Instead, here is a snapshot I took after work near where my car is parked in the garage. It is not unusual for one to stumble upon empty cans of cheap beer littered on the ground in this garage, especially on a Friday morning (remember, Thursday is the new Friday) -- but this bottle is special. This bottle sits high above the parked cars up in the rafters, waiting for its owner. Someone has taken the time and care to stash away this bottle and what's little left of  what I presume is vodka. 


On a more serious note, I am certain this bottle belongs to a homeless man who sleeps in the garage. 

For those of you disappointed that I didn't post the "hole in the denim jacket" photo, I want you to know that I am very excited about this hole because it means the jacket's age is starting to show. That jacket and I go way back.

3 comments:

  1. Now that you know this homeless guy's secret storage place, you can bring him stuff and put it there as a surprise. Try bringing him a sandwich or chicken pot pie. I'm sure he'd thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SD that is a great idea!!

    I am one of those peeps who are disappointed you did not post the hole in the jacket photo! I want the photo and the back story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoguht about that.. but I am WAY too short to reach that high.

    ReplyDelete