Friday, October 22, 2010

Photo Project Day 1: The Pashmina

There's this photo project that seems to be fairly popular in the blogosphere called 100 photos in 100 days. I thought I'd be a conformist and do what all the other bloggers are doing by taking on this project. However, there is no way I can commit to 100 days. I can barely do Weight Watchers (you know, relentlessly counting points and staying within your limits) for two weeks straight! You'll eventually start to see a lot of food and shoe pics from me. Don't fret, I'll try to keep photos of that nature at a minimum.

My project is 30 photographs in 30 days.

Day 1: The Pashmina

Fall has arrived and we're at that stage where the weather is unpredictable. Today is scarf weather. This particular scarf was gifted to me by my co-worker/friend who got it while visiting her family in India last November. I initially had asked her to bring me back a yellow sari scarf like the one the girl is wearing at the end of the movie Slumdog Millionare. However, in true third-world-country-fashion, the towns people where she stayed decided to rebel against the government so she was too afraid to leave their house. The mini-rebellion cut into some major shopping time and she was not able to go to certain shops. Instead, she brought me back this pastel orange pashmina. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. This makes me want to buy lots of scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo idea!!! Would it be bad if I copied you? Could I really pull something like this off? Not sure.

    The pashmina is SO pretty! BTW...what is the difference between a scarf to a pashmina?

    ReplyDelete