Tuesday, March 15, 2011

spring forward, online dating and transformation into a slut

Spring forward has completely messed up my schedule, but that is not why I blog tonight. I have been doing some thinking-- some self reflecting (which by the way I don't really like to do because it doesn't always end happy). I have previously expressed about how bored I am with my life and how I need to shake things up. At this time, I cannot look for another job so there is nothing I can do about that. I could try online dating again and hopefully this time I won't be lazy about it. I figure, why not? It beats sitting at home wishing I had someone to talk to about what's on t.v., movies, people's ridiculous Facebook updates and simply to just talk about the day. It would also beat blogging about how bored I am and would certainly provide for better blogging topics. I just need to figure out if I want to try eHarm again or go with something else. Also, I am cheap and I refuse to pay full price for eHarm -- free would be great.

Since I am on the topic of changing things up, for the past 14 days I have been obsessing over the amount of calories I consume. I can proudly report that I have shed 4.5 pounds. That may not seem much, but seeing the scale actually go down is a billion times better than seeing it go up every year. The thing I like about my method instead of a fad diet like Weight Watchers is I have the freedom to eat whatever I want and I don't have to convert anything into some wacky point system. Also, I feel like WW is trying to turn me into a vegetarian and I resent that. The key to my method is portion control and exercise extra for things like a cookie or a beer or two. The weight loss is slow, but I would much rather live in a world where I lose weight slowly and still be able to eat bacon than lose weight quickly and eat nothing but 200 calorie frozen dinners.

Anyway, if or when I ever get hot, I'm totally going to start wearing slutty clothes and post slutty photos of myself on eHarm.

5 comments:

  1. You know you can always call me to talk about TV. Assuming you don't want to talk about some lame show like The Bachelor or Jersey Shore. Of course I watch things a day later because of the DVR so you'll have to start writing down your thoughts on shows and we can talk about them the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 5 lb weight loss! That is awesome! You know losing weight slowly vs. fast is much healthier and the weight will stay off longer. John and I always try to share a meal when we go out, or we try to divide the meal in half right when we get it so we aren't tempted to eat the whole thing. Keep us posted! I'm pumped you are already seeing results!!

    SD - Lame shows like Jersey Shore?? Come on! You know that show it OSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber! And yes SD, I know I can always chat to you about t.v., but you refuse to watch Bill Paxton in Big Love.. so how am I going to chat with you about that!

    I miss Mad Men so much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for slutty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sure you show your good side when you do your slutty pose haha. So are you following thru with the E Harm? lol

    ReplyDelete