Monday, February 17, 2014

The Goal


If you would not be forgotten as soon as you're dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing.
-Benjamin Franklin

The Goal:
To turn my teeny tiny space on the internet--this blog--to something worth reading.
To live a life worth writing.

The Obstacle:
I am not a writer--infact I am terrible at it.
I don't have anything intersting to write about.
I have limited disposable income, more limited than ever in my life even though I make more money now than I have ever made in my life.
I am 31 and not getting any younger.
I would like my "intersting thing" to write about to involve seeing more of the world-- to interact with my cohabitants of this planet, but I am apprehensive of abandoning a certain level of comfort.
I would like to be involved in something much bigger than myself.

I don't really know what it means to have an intersting life or what makes for an intersting blog because intersting for me varies greatly. Whenever I attempt to write, I find myself with not much to say except my usual gripes about getting older, being single or being annoyed by social media that I fully and willingly participate in. I don't care if anyone ever reads this blog but I would like to someday look back at what I've written and feel some satisfaction that I had written something worth reading or have done things worth writing.

The Plan for Achieving the Goal:
Still to be determined


No comments:

Post a Comment